To all of my fellow superfolders who like folding origami that starts with a square but don’t like having to cut for a square: Here are the instructions for the Seven-Eight Square. . .
1. Start with a regular paper.
2. Fold in half (the hamburger way), crease.
3. Unfold the fold from step 2.
4. Fold diagonally (to the edge, not the corner)
5. Fold the corner (from step 4) to the corner on the same side of it.
6. You should see a line (on the opposite side from the edge you folded diagonally to), fold in on that line and you’re done!
7. Admiral Ackbar face: ./. ~ “It’s a trap!”